Semester and Year-Long Programs
St. Lawrence University supports 30 off-campus programs in 22 countries that allow students to enrich their majors, expand their world, gain cross-cultural perspectives and skills, and prepare to be responsible global citizens.
Apply by February 1st, 2024 to study off-campus in Fall 2024 and Spring 2025, and Academic Year 2024-2025.
Before starting an application be sure to review our Policies and Procedures
Apply via the program pages below.
Please note that the number of students attending off-campus programs may be limited and admission is highly competitive. Preference is given to qualified juniors and seniors.
St. Lawrence Signature Programs
St. Lawrence University operates seven of its own signature semester/year-long off-campus programs. Our programs foster deep cultural immersion, typically through homestays, language study, and course work before, during, and after the off-campus program. These well-established and highly regarded programs are closely integrated into our campus curriculum and supported by the faculty.
- Adirondack Semester Program
- Bordeaux, France (spring only)
- New York City
- London First-Year Program
The University has partnered with other carefully selected programs in different regions. Some involve direct enrollment in foreign universities, and others are operated by U.S. colleges/universities or highly respected study abroad program providers.
Students whose academic and area interests lie outside of the opportunities provided by St. Lawrence & St. Lawrence-partner programs may research non-affiliated programs on their own and may submit an application by the St. Lawrence University off-campus study application deadline, after meeting with the Director of Off-Campus Programs. For more information on applying to a non-SLU program, please see the Off-Campus Study Policies & Procedures page.
- Australia (James Cook University)
- Austria (Austro-American Institute) (spring only)
- China (CIEE--East China Normal University, Shanghai)
- China (Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University, Suzhou)
- Costa Rica (University of Kansas)
- Czech Republic (CIEE) (fall only)
- Denmark (DIS)
- France, Toulouse (CIEE) (fall only)
- France, Rennes (CIEE) (fall only)
- Germany (Colgate) (spring only)
- Italy (Sant' Anna)
- Italy (University of Georgia)
- Japan (Kansai Gaidai University)
- Jordan (AmidEast)
- Nepal (SIT)
- New Zealand (University of Otago)
- Sweden (DIS)
- Thailand (ISDSI)
- Trinidad (Pacific Lutheran University) (spring only)
- Washington DC (The Washington Center)
- Spring Semester: February 1
- Fall Semester: February 1
- Academic Year: February 1
NOTE: The off-campus study application process is competitive and space is limited on all programs. All applications are reviewed by selection committees which weigh the applicant’s academic record; preparation and rationale for off-campus study; social/disciplinary history; and prior/future opportunities for off-campus study in college. For further details about the application process, criteria, and policies, please review the Off-Campus Study Policies and Procedures.
If you are considering off-campus study programs that are not approved by St. Lawrence, you must meet with a CIIS advisor before beginning an application on Studio Abroad. You must also carefully review the Off-Campus Study Policies and Procedures to understand the risks and responsibilities of participating in a non-SLU program, as well as the financial and credit implications of participation in a non-SLU program.