Study Abroad Changed My Life
You may have heard that more than 60% of students at St. Lawrence University study off-campus for a semester or more, but did you know that only 10% of all US college students nationwide study abroad? Studying off-campus will not only broaden your horizons, but it will set you apart.
Off-campus study will help you:
- develop intercultural skills;
- become a more informed global citizen;
- re-examine your identity and your culture;
- learn a new language and/or develop cross-cultural communication skills;
- study a new topic or area of interest or learn about an on-going interest from a different perspective and
- increase your career prospects! Employers want to hire employees with diverse experience in different cultures.
Hear from other St. Lawrence University Alumni about how their off-campus study experiences have impacted and shaped their academic, personal, and professional journeys: