St. Lawrence University supports 30 off-campus programs in over 20 countries that allow students to enrich their majors, expand their world, gain cross-cultural perspectives and skills, and prepare to be responsible global citizens.
Apply by February 1st 2019 to study off-campus in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. Applications open on October 15th, 2018.
Please note that in general the number of students attending off-campus programs is limited and admission is highly competitive. Preference is given to qualified juniors and seniors.
St. Lawrence Programs
St. Lawrence University operates seven of its own semester/year long off-campus programs. Our programs foster deep cultural immersion, typically through homestays, language study, and course work before, during, and after the off-campus program. These well established and highly regarded programs are closely integrated into our campus curriculum and supported by the faculty.
- Adirondack Semester Progam
- Bordeaux, France (spring only)
- New York City
- London FYP
The University has partnered with other carefully selected programs in different regions. Some involve direct enrollment in foreign universities, and others are operated by U.S. colleges/universities or highly respected study abroad program providers.
Students whose academic and area interests lie outside of the opportunities provided by St. Lawrence & St. Lawrence-partner programs may research non-affiliated programs on their own and may submit an application by the St. Lawrence University off-campus study application deadline, after meeting with the Director of Off-Campus Programs. For more information on applying to a non-SLU program, please see the Off-Campus Study Policies & Procedures page)
- Australia (James Cook University)
- Austria (Austro-American Institute) (spring only)
- Canada (Trent University)
- China (CIEE--East China Normal University, Shanghai)
- China (Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University, Suzhou)
- Costa Rica (University of Kansas)
- Czech Republic (CIEE) (fall only)
- Denmark (DIS)
- Fall Semester in France (CIEE) (fall only)
- Germany (Colgate) (spring only)
- India (SIT)
- Italy (Lorenzo de Medici)
- Italy (Sant' Anna)
- Italy (University of Georgia)
- Japan (Kansai Gaidai University)
- Jordan (AmidEast)
- Nashville, TN (Fisk University)
- Nepal (SIT)
- New Zealand (University of Otago)
- Sweden (DIS)
- Thailand (ISDSI)
- Trinidad (Pacific Lutheran University) (spring only)
- Washington DC (The Washington Center)
|Program||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|SLU/Partner programs||February 1||February 1|
|ISEP||February 1||February 1|
NOTE: The off-campus study application process is competitive and space is limited on all programs. All applications are reviewed by selection committees which weigh the applicant’s academic record; preparation and rationale for off-campus study; social/disciplinary history; and prior/future opportunities for off-campus study in college. For further details about the application process, criteria, and policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.