This program offers students from all majors the opportunity to take part in a nearly full-time for-credit internship in Washington, DC. Students gain fundamental skills through a unique integration of academics and real-world experience.
- Based in Washington, DC
- Fall or Spring semester
- Pre-requisites: 3.0 GPA; one college-level course that prepares the student for their academic track in Washington
- Internship based program
- Live in program residence/apartments
The Washington Center program is based in the nation's capital, Washington, DC. The city has a rich history as the home to the federal government as well as a significant cultural history with museums. parks, and monuments.
The Washington Center offers students from US and overseas institutions the opportunity to live, work and study for a semester in Washington DC at their Washington DC program. The program features:
- An internship suited to academic and professional interests in the DC area from Monday through Thursday;
- Coursework that complements internship placements, one evening per week;
- Throughout the semester students develop a portfolio to document, analyze and reflect on their experiences and
- The LEAD Colloquium provides a structured set of activities that enrich students' Washington DC experiences (takes place each on Friday)
- 4 days a week internship placement
- Over 1,000 internship placement opportunities
- State-of-the-art residential and academic facility near Capitol Hill
Please click here to find the Program Calendar.
Pre-departure: The CIIS office organizes in-depth orientation sessions on-campus prior to the student's participation in the program. This includes a program specific session(s) in which the students will learn more about the program, local culture, academic expectations, and any other important information. There is also an orientation session lead by the CIIS office on culture shock, and what to expect, as well as safety and security while abroad.
If you are interested in learning more about the The Washington Center program please contact one of the following people.
CIIS Office: Thadine Wight, Interim Coordinator of Off-Campus Programs - Questions about eligibility, program logistics, and other off-campus opportunities.
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Christopher Buck - Questions about program academics.