Application for Summer Term Off-Campus Courses
- Faculty members are advised to talk to the Associate Dean of International and Intercultural Studies before applying.
- After the same course is taught twice, the professor will have to get it approved by Academic Affairs.
- When courses are in similar areas or disciplines, the CIIS committee may choose which one will run to enable a wide variety of faculty members to teach off-campus summer courses over time. Please be advised that in order to ensure that SLU offers CIIS summer courses across multiple disciplines, when multiple proposals come from the same department, the CIIS committee will not accept all of them. Departments may wish to play a role in setting up a rotation as to when each faculty member might teach a summer course to ensure that everyone who wants to teach one gets a chance.
- Contact Hours and Course Credit: Summer courses should—with very few exceptions—be 1 SLU course unit (45 contact hours). Review this guide to understand estimations of course activities and contact hours.
- Travel dates: 14-day minimum
- SLU's Business Office Travel Policy
This application form is due to CIIS by March 1st for the summer term of the following year (i.e. applications for summer term 2023 are due by March 1st, 2022).
Before submitting this application, you should check the website for the Centers for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov and have a conversation with the Director of the Diana B. Torrey Health and Counseling Center.