SLU Volunteer Service
Special Note: Mask Required.
Community Mentor: Madoussou Kromah, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency and Placement Location: On-Campus
Mission: According to its website:" St. Lawrence's Volunteer Services creates learning opportunities for students to develop, practice, and incorporate principles of leadership, advocacy and service. Whether it be for an afternoon (Make A Difference Day), a week (Alternative Break trips)or a summer (SLU PIC) Volunteer Services provides a variety of opportunities to engage with the community."
"Volunteer Services as part of the Student Activities & Leadership Department, follows these overall department goals:
- Assist student leaders in development from participation to production – become leaders through involvement.
- Through involvement help students to grow/develop transferable leadership skills which will be useful to student leaders beyond their time at St. Lawrence University.
- Provide challenge, support and guidance to students and student organizations in providing programming, discussions and opportunities to expand world views and experience interacting with difference.
- Help students to successfully navigate university resources for planning, promoting and executing campus events and programs.
- Foster collaboration, communication and planning between student organizations and campus departments to minimize counter programming and maximize event attendance and participation."
Assist Associate Director of Student Activities & Leadership with research, possible programming, and support around the following walks:
- Relay for Life (ACS)
- Edward Moses Walk
- Out of Darkness Walk