CBL Independent Study
To register for fall semester please complete the paperwork by: February
For spring semester consideration, please complete the paperwork by: November
- Meeting with CBL Director (this must be done before starting any paperwork/outreach)
- Faculty Sponsor
- Community Placement Commitment
- Complete CBL Independent Study Form by first day of class (to include the syllabus)
- Student Commitment Form
Please answer the questions below in a Word Document (format: provide header for each section, ex: Expectations of the CBL..., A1, A2, A3, etc.)
(A) Expectations of the CBL Independent Study and Community Placement
- What semester/year do you wish to complete the Independent Study?
- What are your expectations of this Independent Study? What do you expect to learn from this experience?
- Explain how your Community Placement will enhance your learning experience at SLU.
(B) Community Placement Responsibilities/Project Description
This section should be designed in consultation with the community placement supervisor.
- What community placement (agency) do you wish to be assigned and why?
- What specific responsibilities will you have at the community placement?
- Please describe the specific projects or assignments will you be completing at the community placement.
- Please provide any dates and deadlines associated with the projects or assignments designated in bullet 3.
- Please list any required paperwork or training associated with your community placement?
(C) Weekly Engagement
- How many hours will you be serving each week at your community placement?
- Weekly schedule:What days and times you plan on attending placement each week?