CBL Faculty Liaison
Dr. Adam Harr
In this capacity, Adam's primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and assisting faculty in developing and maintaining CBL courses
- Working in collaboration with the director to coordinate faculty development programming (CBL/engaged learning pedagogies, syllabus design, reflection exercises, and strategies for working with community partners)
- Overseeing the Community Engagement Housing Opportunity
How to Search for CBL Courses in APR
- Make sure the SUBJECTS filter is completely cleared
- Select the correct semester/year under the TERMS filter
- Under the COURSE LEVEL filter, select Community Based Learning
- It is also helpful to select open sections under the AVAILABILITY filter
Community Based Learning offers CBL 100.CBL supports a number of courses from academic departments as well. CBL also offers students the opportunity to apply for a CBL Independent Study. For more information: Courses.
Quick Reference Links
Teaching with Community Based Learning (CBL)
Friday: October 2, 2020
Please join us (Devin Farkas, Adam Harr, Brenda Papineau, Liz Regosin, and Rosa Williams) for an informal discussion on the benefits of and strategies for incorporating a Community Based Learning component into one of your classes. Whatever you teach, we can help you find ways to form meaningful connections between your classroom and our broader community. We will also provide an overview of the logistical support you can expect to receive from our excellent and efficient CBL office. Feel free to drop in as your schedule allows.