St. Lawrence University’s alumni network earned a No. 3 ranking for the third time in four years from The Princeton Review and was included on their list of best value colleges in its most recent publication, "The Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment."
St. Lawrence's Volunteer Services creates learning opportunities for students to develop, practice, and incorporate principles of leadership, advocacy and service. Whether it be for an afternoon (Make A Difference Day), a week (Alternative Break trips)or a summer (SLU PIC) Volunteer Services provides a variety of opportunities to engage with the community.
Volunteer Services as part of the Student Activities & Leadership Department, follows these overall department goals:
- Assist student leaders in development from participation to production – become leaders through involvement.
- Through involvement help students to grow/develop transferable leadership skills which will be useful to student leaders beyond their time at St. Lawrence University.
- Provide challenge, support and guidance to students and student organizations in providing programming, discussions and opportunities to expand world views and experience interacting with difference.
- Help students to successfully navigate university resources for planning, promoting and executing campus events and programs.
- Foster collaboration, communication and planning between student organizations and campus departments to minimize counter programming and maximize event attendance and participation.
Volunteer Services News
In a year where COVID-19 has limited in-person gatherings and activities on and off campus, St. Lawrence University students haven’t let the pandemic stop them from serving others and their communities.
The Community-Based Learning (CBL) Program is a really cool way to get students engaged in and out of the classroom by combining subject interest with an applied civic engagement within the North...