Welcome to the Sullivan Student Center!
The Sullivan Student Center is a place where students come to spend time between classes, study, and hold both meetings and late night events. There are a variety of small spaces with comfy chairs and tables for studying and lounging. In addition, meeting rooms are available for group meetings and other activities. Also available to students is the Winston Room, which is the largest programming space in the building. The space is often used for large events such as lectures, showcases, comedians, pre-released movie showings, and dances.
Besides being a great place to connect with your classmates, the Student Center is the home of many departments and services on campus. On the lowest level you can access the Student Mail Center (SMC) and your SMC mailbox. You can also head over to the Northstar Cafe and Jack's Corner to grab some food and snacks.
On the middle level of the Student Center you will be able to visit the Student Center Information Desk and a variety of offices such as the Student Life Office, Residence Life, Student Activities and Leadership, the Associate Dean's Office, and Career Services. Located on the third floor the Student Financial Services office and a North Country Savings Bank branch are available for questions and any banking needs.
The Student Center has a variety of rooms that are available for students, faculty and staff to reserve for various events and meetings. Available on this website is an overview of all the Student Center rooms which are able to be reserved for various events. Information is also available to learn how to reserve these spaces and others across campus. To make sure that the Student Center is enjoyable for all community members please take a moment to visit the Policies and Procedures page. Here you will find important information regarding the use of the building.
Updated Student Center Protocols for Fall 2020:
Welcome Back Laurentians,
I write to you in my role as Director of Sullivan Student Center with some important updates about the building and services inside which are different for Fall 2020.
For more updates don’t forget to follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sludentcenter/
For the Fall 2020 semester some general building updates:
- The Building shall remain locked with card access only for campus community members. Offices who have invited vendors should make arrangements to meet vendors at the doors and escort them to the designated meeting while following appropriate guidelines
- Face Coverings are Required at all times in all spaces within Sullivan Student Center, except when seated on the 1st floor with members of your extended family unit.
- The 1st floor will be designated space for eating. Students may remove face coverings to eat once seated, but should keep face coverings on at all times. Additional seating has been added on the student center side patio.
- The 2nd and 3rd floor of the Student center will be designated study space for students wearing face coverings. There should be no eating on the 2nd and 3rd floor in public spaces or meeting rooms. Students may briefly remove face coverings to drink from a water bottle or other beverage, but should only do so when alone and more than 6 feet away from any other occupant of the building.
- The Winston room Balcony will remain closed for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Furniture has been rearranged around the Student Mail Center to allow a more socially distant line, students should abide by social distance line markers when waiting at the student mail center.
- Pool and Ping Pong will be remain available for play, with face coverings, game equipment will be sanitized between uses.
- The student center information desk will no longer hold IDs, but instead will collect your Student ID number while you have pool/ping pong equipment out.
- The student center info desk will only be able to loan out limited office supplies do to sanitization protocols.
- Various Office Protocols: Many offices remain open in Sullivan Student Center but with Additional Social Distance Guidelines in place. Please be mindful when approaching an Office to observe any signs or markers about how to best observe social distancing within that particular office. When at all possible, contact offices via email or phone.
- Elevator: The elevator now has limited capacity. Please be mindful not to enter the elevator if it is already full.
Questions about these general building updates? Contact John O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Mail Center hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday 9 to 11a.m., 2 to 6 p.m. (Closed from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for processing)
Friday 9 to 11 a.m., 2 to 4 p.m. (Closed from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for processing)
Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
New - QR Code within the SMC notification email:
- At the SMC window, open the SMC notification email for one of your packages.
- Click on QR Code.
- Show the QR Code to the SMC window staff. Multiple packages, show only one QR code per visit.
- SMC staff will locate your package and check it out to you.
- Observe traffic flow and social distancing protocol as you leave.
I received an email from the sender that my package was received. Is my package ready?
Packages are ready for pick up once you receive an email notification from Student Mail Center with a QR Code. While sender notifications or alerts indicate a package has arrived at Central Receiving, packages still need to be processed by SMC staff. Packages are processed in the order received. If you haven’t received the SMC notification email, it’s simply not ready.
Northstar Café Updates:
We wanted to send a reminder and some updates on our new online ordering system at Northstar Café!
First please download the GET app to link your university ID/account. There are three locations you can order from: Northstar Café Coffee, Northstar Café Grill and Northstar Café Kitchen. Once you have placed your order you will receive an email confirmation from “Student Financial Services” with your order number and details. For some students this confirmation email is going to the Junk Mail folder so please be sure to check there too!
Meal exchanges are not available for online ordering but we hope to offer it in the near future. If you want to use a meal exchange please come into Northstar Café to purchase. Meal exchanges begin on Wednesday, August 26th.
Currently 9 out of 10 orders are successfully being received in our kitchens but there are still some glitches we are working to correct. Some orders are not printing in our kitchen so if you arrive to pick up your order but it is not there, our staff members will take your order and make it right away. Please have your order confirmation email available for our staff to confirm your purchase.
As we work through this new system we all wanted to thank you for your patience and understanding!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on our team with questions, concerns and suggestions!
We look forward to serving you! – Questions? Contact Marijo Haggett email@example.com :