SLU Wellness Education Office
Special Note: Mask Required.
Agency and Placement Location: Sullivan Student Center 318
Mission: According to its website: The Wellness Education Office is " is on a mission to help all students with their health- and wellness-related needs, and in turn set students up for success at St. Lawrence and beyond. " "From stress reduction and resilience, to sleep and nutrition tips, the Wellness Education team empowers students to practice self-care, tune into their needs, and employ tools and strategies to improve their mental health, physical health, and overall wellbeing."
- Engaging the Community in Healthy Living collaboration with BIOL faculty member
- Plan community activities that promote health, science literacy, and well-being.
- Plan engaging activities to bring to local schools, public libraries, group homes, and the North Country Children’s Museum.
- Gather information about local resources to distribute at local churches or community events
- Enhance the Pre-Health program website by adding information about additional health careers
- Staff the monthly de-stress programming
- Assist with several major week-long events
- Health-focused Social Media Campaign (Instagram)
- Staff the dog and cat de-stress events
- Social Media Campaign