- National Center for Educational Statistics
national facts, figures and research studies on postsecondary education
- National Science Foundation
national facts, figures, research studies for the sciences
- ACT Graduation and Retention Research
search here for reports onpersistence to degree, graduation and retention rates
- College Board Site for Educators
include links to studies such as College-Bound Seniors; Trends in College Pricing and Financial Aid, etc.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
comprehensive link to US labor statistics, CPI, etc.
a comprehensive resource, maintained by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Global Initiatives at the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- The Delta Project on Postsecondary Education Costs, Productivity, and Accountability
has created a comprehensive website to document college cost and accountability
- NCAA Student-Athlete Experiences Data Archive
publicly available data on college sports and athletes including longitudinal datasets by team level; developed as a new initiative between NCAA and the Inter-University Consortium for Social Research at the University of Michigan.
- Historical summary of faculty, students, degrees, and finances in degree-granting institutions: Selected years, 1869-70 through 2007-08
from the National Center for Education Statistics
- American Universities
Search American colleges and universities by name.
- U-Can (University and College Accountability Network)
developed by NAICU in 2007, provides prospective students and parents with college information that relates explicitly to the call for greater accountability by Congress and the U.S. Department of Education. Search for institutional profiles by College name.
The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), is the core postsecondary education data collection program for NCES. The Peer Analysis System is an interactive database search tool.
- College Navigator
Replaces the former IPEDS Cool - conduct a quick search and locate information on colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions. Information is included on college costs, enrollment, etc.
- National Science Foundation WebCASPAR
statistical database for science & engineering
- Carnegie Classification of Higher Education
provides definitions for the new 2005 Carnegie classification; select "Lookup & Listings", then "Custom Listings" to create a list of institutions with similar characteristics
- Chronicle's College Completion Website
graduation rate search engine and compilation of articles discussing graduation rate metrics, their importance and their challenges
- College Results Online
An interactive web tool, created by Education Trust, to compare graduation rates and other demographics across institutions.
- Economic Diversity of Colleges
a college-level database for researchers and the public of campus-level data on student income, race and ethnicity, and student loan usage