Tuition and Fees for 2022-2023
Please Note: On your billing statement, you will see a "Registration" charge which is comprised of tuition + class dues + student activity fee. Each of these charges are broken out below for your reference.
Fall Semester - $30,800.00
Spring Semester - $30,800.00
Room (non single):
Fall Semester - $4,307.50*
Spring Semester - $4,307.50*
*Single room cost is $5,282.50 per semester
Fall Semester - $3,690.00
Spring Semester - $3,690.00
Student Activities Fee:
Fall Semester - $205.00**
Spring Semester - $205.00**
Fall Semester - $5***
Spring Semester - $5***
Fall Semester - $39,007.50
Spring Semester - $39,007.50
** The student government has established a student activities fee that is billed and collected by the University on behalf of the student government. This fee covers the expenditures of student organizations and is subject to change by student referendum.
*** Senior class dues are $15 per semester.
- All full time matriculated students enrolled at St. Lawrence University are required to enroll in the St. Lawrence Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) OR provide proof of alternative insurance coverage through a comparable plan. The plan administrator for SHIP during the calendar year 2022-2023 will be United Healthcare (UHC) and the annual premium for all students is $1,852.00.
- All full-time matriculated undergraduate students enrolled at St. Lawrence University are automatically enrolled in the St. Lawrence Tuition Refund Plan through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. of Quincy, MA. The plan insures 80% of the terms tuition and fees due to withdrawal for injury, sickness, and mental/emotional problems. Students must complete an online waiver form in order to not be billed the annual premium.
The per semester cost for the 2022-2023 academic year is as follows:
- Estimated costs for books, supplies, personal expenses, and transportation is $1,650.
- Comprehensive Fee for Off Campus Program is $38,797.50 per semester.
- Payment of the annual tuition entitles a student to enroll in any four courses in a semester, regardless of their unit value. Five or six courses that total no more than four and three-quarter (4.75) units are also allowed at no additional charge. Students taking fewer than 4.75 will be billed for full tuition.
- Late registration and course change - $50.00
- Overload election (per course unit) - $7,475.00
- Special/summer registration fee - $40.00
* Room charges cover most on campus services including wireless internet, Spectrum U cable TV streaming, laundry facilities, and residential programming. For more information see https://www.stlawu.edu/student-life/housing.