Liberal Arts Scholars Program
St. Lawrence University has been awarded a five-year National Science Foundation grant worth nearly $1 million for the continuation of its Liberal Arts Science (LAS) Scholars program, the largest NSF grant in the University’s history. This program offers scholarships to high-achieving, Pell-grant eligible students interested in pursuing STEM majors, which include chemistry, computer science, geology, mathematics, statistics, physics or a non-clinical track of biology.
LAS Scholars will have many exciting opportunities during their time at St. Lawrence, including
- Scholarship of $6,750 per year for 4 years, added to your initial financial aid award letter
- A pre-orientation retreat with STEM faculty
- Individualized support from a network of peers and faculty mentors
- Specialized courses through first 2 years
- A fully-funded, mentored summer research experience
- Internship opportunities
For eligibility, students must:
- Demonstrate Pell Grant eligibility (as determined by FAFSA); typically, this means family income under $50,000
- Express interest in pursuing, and eventually declare, a major or career in a scientific, technological, engineering or mathematical field (excludes pre-med and pre-health)
- While in the program, maintain a 2.8 GPA or higher
To Apply: Submit your application by January 11, 2021 here. This application includes information about yourself and a short essay, along with your Common Application.