Event Planning Guide
Before beginning any event planning for an on-campus event, you are required to have a
confirmed room reservation. Go to Reserving a Room.
When making preliminary arrangements, please complete the Special Function Request Form if you need any catering services and provide the following information. Please refer to the university's Catering Policy to assist with planning your event.
- Day and Date of function and RSVP Dates
- Beginning and End Times
- Room Location
- Event Title
- Contact Person
- Your Cell Phone or Office number.
- Type of Service Required
- Department and Budget Code to be charged
- Number of Guests Expected at Event
- Budget Parameters
- Programming Details
- Special Arrangement Requirements; head table, gift table, name tag table, AV/Media
- needs, handicapped accessibility
- Weather; is a rain site required?
Catering Services Planning
Three weeks or more prior to event:
- We ask you to plan as far in advance as possible. Advance planning for your event is more cost effective for both you and us and allows to provide you with better service.
- Call room reservations clerk to set up an appointment, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, 229-5996.
- Preliminary planning for large events should occur at least one month prior to the event.
- Orders placed with less than 24 hours notice may be charged a late fee of $20.00.
- Use our Catering Guide for menu selections and billing information.