St. Lawrence University recognized faculty and staff retirements and celebrated employee anniversaries at a ceremony held on Wednesday, April 27, in Eben Holden.
Dining Services Updates
There have been many updates, changes, and additions to Dining Services for Spring 2023. Please read through the details below and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dana’s Dish Room is Fully Reopened
- We have made it our priority to reopen our dish room to full capacity this semester so there will no longer be disposables in Dana. We are able to make this decision by filling our dish room shifts first and are committed to keeping it fully operational. This does come with potential tradeoffs which include closing down food stations and less staff to work in the front of house on food lines and the dining room if needed. We are focusing on recruiting and retaining our staff with concerted effort, however we continue to face shortages since the pandemic.
- There is an option for takeout by using our green, reusable containers which can be purchased from our cashiers in Dana. There is a $5 buy in to the program and all you need to do is rinse out the container after use, return it to Dana and you will receive a new one, or given a token to be redeemed at another time. Our staff wash and sanitize the containers for you!
New Plant Forward Food Option at Northstar Café
- There is a new plant based food station now at Northstar Café! As we pilot this program there will be two options for two weeks and another two options for two weeks, then it repeats. The station is located next to the deli and can be ordered on the GET app or the kiosk located in the seating area. These bowls are 100% vegan and no animal proteins or products will be used at this station.
- We continue to see requests for more vegan, vegetarian and healthy options, specifically at Northstar and believe this pilot program will be a success! Thank you for continued feedback through our annual NACUFS survey as it helps us to form these decisions for our community!
New Food Bars at Dana
- This semester we have added two new food bars as part of our menu rotation in Dana. These include an Indian Curry Bar and a Korean Bibimbap Bar and each will be featured once every four weeks and served the same way as the Taco Bar. We hope you enjoy them!
New Beverage Line at Time Out Café
- Time Out Café will now be serving cold Tractor Beverages in three delicious flavors: Green Tea, Lemonade and Strawberry Dragon Fruit! You can mix the flavors too!
- These beverages use clean, non GMO ingredients and are organic, kosher, vegan and gluten free!
- Read more about the company here: https://drinktractor.com/
In every dining location the university campus mask and social distancing protocols must be followed:
The new Catering Menu is now online.
Quarantine Dietary Needs
If you are placed into quarantine please email us at email@example.com to provide us with your dietary needs.
All the best,
Dining and Conference Services News
Finals Week Dining Hours of Operation Monday, May 9 – Friday, May 13, 2022 Northstar Cafe, Jack’s & Sun Coffee Roasters open at 7:45am and run regular hours for the remainder of the day (*closing at 9...