Friday-Sunday, September 24-26, 2021
Families and current students are invited to celebrate Laurentian Weekend 2021. This event is being planned as an in-person celebration at this time.
Wellness and the psychological well-being of our students are critically important to St. Lawrence University. We recognize how hard the start to the semester has been on our students and families and want to prioritize the need for families to have time together. Laurentian Weekend is the opportunity for students to visit and spend time with their families. We strongly urge all guests to consider the wide range of outdoor activities available during this time of year in the North Country.
$30 per registration (up to 5 people) includes one commemorative Laurentian Weekend 2021 tote bag*, plus additional giveaways and access to public Laurentian Weekend events for all. Pre-register by 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 22 online.
On-site registration will be available for guests who did not pre-register at the Leithead Fieldhouse from 12 - 7 p.m. Friday, September 24 and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, September 25. Only one guest per party is asked to come inside to show their group’s Covid-19 documentation.
A reminder, masks are required in all campus buildings regardless of vaccination status.
Curious who's already registered to attend? Check out our "Who's Attending" page!
* Commemorative tote bags are guaranteed for the first 500 main registrants only. *
Checkout the updated schedule for Laurentian Weekend 2021! As additional events for the weekend take shape, we will update the schedule.
We strongly urge all guests to consider the wide range of outdoor activities available during this time of year in the North Country.
Please review the Saints Athletics Spectator Policy for all Saints Athletics events.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
Upon arrival to registration, all guests will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative result on a PCR COVID-19 test taken no earlier than September 21, 2021. The NYS Excelsior Pass will be accepted.
The University has added some additional health and safety expectations for students and guests to ensure a safe and relaxing weekend for everyone during and after the event.
- Guests (including parents and families) are not allowed to enter residence halls.
- Masks are required at all times when inside and are strongly encouraged outside when social distancing can not be maintained.
- The same gathering restrictions that are required of our students are expected of guests during Laurentian Weekend, specifically, individuals must keep gatherings to 15 people or fewer.
- There will be no indoor dining available during the weekend for guests, and we will not be providing food at any Laurentian Weekend scheduled events. Due to the high rate of viral transmission in St. Lawrence County, for safety reasons, we strongly discourage students and families from eating indoors at local restaurants. We are working to provide take-out options from local restaurants and vendors to have available on campus at times throughout the weekend.
- Surveillance testing will be conducted for students following Laurentian Weekend.
St. Lawrence is vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 landscape and will update the community accordingly if Laurentian Weekend plans should need to change. Be sure to stay up-to-date with St. Lawrence's COVID-19 regulations.
*We will email registrants with additional updates and requirements (i.e. indoor masking, etc.) the week of the event.
#LaurentianWeekend on Social Media
Your Laurentian Weekend posts and tweets could be featured on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Make sure you tag yours with #LaurentianWeekend and follow @StLawrenceU on Twitter for up-to-date information throughout the weekend.
Frequently Asked Questions:
At this time, we are planning for an in-person on-campus event for Laurentian Weekend 2021.
Fully recognizing that every individual’s situation is in flux—between COVID-19 concerns and cases, changing personal and professional situations, etc.—St. Lawrence’s goal is to make it easier for you to attend our Laurentian Events. As a result, we have implemented a risk-free registration policy during these uncertain times.
Refund Policy: Deadline to request a full refund or transfer your registration to a gift to the St. Lawrence Fund is the date and start time of the event. Cancelations for Laurentian Weekend must be received by 12:00 p.m. ET on September 24, 2021 and will be accepted in writing only. No-shows for the event will not receive a refund. Please send your cancellations to email@example.com.
Please visit our Regional Accommodations website for lodging suggestions. We encourage you to plan ahead by making your lodging accommodations as early as possible to guarantee you have space!
All guests are encouraged to use J-Lot for parking throughout the weekend. For athletics events, please use the lots behind the Newell Field House or on Miner Street.
Yes, you may bring a camper or RV to Laurentian Weekend. We ask that you park in J Lot on a first-come, first-spot basis. Parking will be permitted beginning Friday, September 24. Should the lot fill, the spillover lot is the gravel parking lot across the street from Appleton Arena off West Street. Please be advised that there are no facilities or hookups at either location.
Our Dining Services team welcomes families to enjoy Dana To-Go meals throughout the weekend. This includes:
- Friday Lunch, 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ($9.50/person)
- Friday Dinner, 4:30 – 8 p.m. ($13.85/person)
- Saturday Continental Breakfast, 7:30 – 10 a.m. ($7.40/person)
- Saturday Brunch, 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ($13.85/person)
- Saturday Dinner, 4:30 – 8 p.m. ($9.50/person)
- Sunday Continental Breakfast, 7:30 – 10 a.m. ($7.40/person)
Meanwhile, on Saturday, we also are planning a few other dining options for registered guests and students. They include:
- Apple Cider Station – Outside the Sullivan Student Center, treat yourself to an apple cider donut, a fresh apple or delicious cider made fresh locally by Kaneb Orchards (complimentary).
- Food Truck Row – We are working to provide a variety of North Country food trucks for guests to enjoy near Dana. Details are still being confirmed, but for those we have spoken to, please know payment options include cash only, card only, and cash or credit. Trucks will be available from approximately 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saints Love Sergi’s – Registered guests can enjoy complimentary Sergi’s on the Brush Family Quad beginning at 6 p.m. until it’s gone!
Guests in need of using a restroom are welcome to use campus buildings except Residence Halls. Restrooms will be available in the Student Center, Augsbury and Newell, with porta-pottys also outside the Brewer Bookstore.
The University reminds Laurentian Weekend guests that St. Lawrence is governed by New York State alcohol consumption laws. The state legal drinking age is 21. The University alcohol policy applies to students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University. It prohibits consumption of alcoholic beverages at public events including, but not limited to, films, lectures, athletic contests, and performances.
Our emergency number on campus is Campus Security & Safety: 315-229-5555.