What is gender-neutral housing?
Gender neutral housing is an option in which two or more students may share a multiple-occupancy residence hall room, in mutual agreement, regardless of either students’ sex or gender.
Where is it available?
Gender neutral housing is available for both upperclass and first year students.
Rooms in the following housing selection processes are available as gender neutral housing:
- All townhouse doubles
- All suite doubles and triples
- All theme house doubles and triples
- All double, triple or quad rooms in room draw labeled as “either” gender
- Not available in Greek housing
- No student will be randomly assigned to gender neutral housing. In the event of a bed vacancy, students applying for a room change or being initially placed into housing will not be assigned to a room with a student of the opposite sex or gender.