Hours of Operation Beginning Saturday, January 16th
Northstar Cafe will be closing nightly at 10pm
What's New at the Northstar Cafe?
- There is a new online ordering system called GET food
- You will need to download the app to be able to order food and coffee at Northstar Cafe
- All food will be served in disposable containers
- Northstar Cafe will have one entrance and one exit
- We are opening earlier on Sundays
- We have external card readers for your university ID that YOU will swipe, so no need to pass your card to our cashier
- There is a new queuing system in the service are to allow for social distancing
- We have added extra staffing to sanitize all high touch points throughout the service hours
- There are 45 seats available inside
- There are 40 seats available under a tent outside the Student Center
The Northstar Cafe has 2 new partners:
- Paesan's Pizza of Albany, NY - a family run business since 1994, to offer our guests a delicious, Brooklyn style 10" pizza
- Old World Provisions of Troy, NY - to offer a true New York delicatessen, with four generations of experience starting on the streets of NYC in 1950. This deli meat will be served at Northstar Cafe and Time Out.
Through our coffee partner, Sun Coffee Roaster, we will be offering a new line of canned organic tea drinks from Teatulia. You can find these tea drinks at Northstar Cafe, Time Out and Johnson Grab & Go
Located on the lower level of the Sullivan Student Center, the Northstar Café offers three distinct concepts in one convenient location.
There’s a main serving area featuring made to order deli sandwiches, home-style soups, breakfast all day, your favorite grilled items, quesadillas, wraps, a stone hearth pizza station, and more. Jack’s Corner, which includes grocery items, grab and go salads, snack foods and beverages; and a Sun Coffee Roasters coffee bar featuring specialty coffees, blender drinks.
As mentioned above, we have a new online ordering system called GET food. We are no longer taking paper orders. If you have not downloaded the app, we will have a selection of pre-made foods available for you to pick up and go.
Students can use meal exchanges for specials at the Cafe.
Breakfast Meal Exchange ($7.25) - Students can choose (1) one of the following options:
1. (1) Cup of Cereal and (1) half pint of milk
2. (1) Breakfast Pastry
3. (1) Bagel with (1) cream cheese
4. (1) Bagel Sandwich with (1) egg and American Cheese with a choice of ham, turkey bacon, pork sausage or veggie sausage, or no protein option
Lunch Meal Exchange ($9.25) - Your choice of (1) daily lunch special
Dinner Meal Exchange ($13.50) - Your choice of (1) daily dinner special and (1) dessert of the day
All above options come with (1) whole fruit and (1) of the following beverages - medium (16oz) fountain beverage, half pint of milk, bottle of SLU Water
Whether you’re looking for a quick grab-and-go snack or complete meal, the Café is sure to have it!