The work of University Communications embodies the Laurentian spirit and pride as we celebrate and raise awareness of the enduring value of the St. Lawrence experience.
The University Communications division supports three key goals and objectives:
- Increase our national visibility, enhance our academic reputation, and manage the institutional brand.
- Develop communications and marketing strategies to help recruit an academically talented and diverse student body.
- Develop communications and marketing strategies to help to build connections with Laurentians to support fundraising and engagement efforts.
University Communications Values:
- Ambition: a strong desire to do or to achieve excellence, with the willingness to apply determination and hard work
- Balance: a feeling derived from being whole and complete; essential to maintaining quality in life and work and supported by a professional environment of fairness and reasonable expectations
- Camaraderie: mutual respect, trust, and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together
- Collaboration: an eagerness to work with others, to share equitably in the responsibilities to produce or create something great
- Creativity: the use of the imagination and original ideas, especially to advance the mission of the division
- Open-mindedness: being receptive to a wide variety of ideas, arguments, and information
- Respect: recognition of professional and intellectual expertise and value; due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others