University Events Calendar
Campus events are added to the University’s Events Calendar by individual departments and not by University Communications. Academic and administrative departments should send any event information to the person who manages their department’s website so they can add it to the University's Events Calendar.
Events in News Digest
Events that are open to the broader campus community and/or the public are included in our weekly News Digest, published on most Mondays.
Relevant events published on the University's Events Calendar are automatically added to News Digest the week the event is taking place. To ensure your event is included, add your event to the Events Calendar on or before the Friday before the next edition of News Digest comes out.
Publicity for Public Campus Events
While individual departments are still responsible for adding public campus events to the University’s Events Calendar, University Communications assists with broader promotion beyond the campus community. Please let our team know about your public campus event at least two weeks in advance to ensure enough time for distribution to local and regional media.
Please email Jessica Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent details:
- Name of event
- Date and time of event
- Location of event
- A brief synopsis of the event
- Specific parking instructions
- Cost to attend the event (if any)
- Any public health safety requirements in place
- High-resolution photo, if possible
Please note: University Communications does not promote off-campus events unless sponsored directly by St. Lawrence University or directly includes student involvement.
Promoting Events to Students
SLUdent Life Portal (Presence)
The SLUdent Life Portal (https://stlawu.presence.io/) serves as the primary medium of communication between the campus community and the student body. Instead of innumerable emails regarding meeting times, announcements and surveys, applications, or deadlines from departments, individuals or clubs and organizations, this information can easily be accessed in one place on the SLUdent Life Portal.
In addition to important academic, social, and other St. Lawrence links, the SLUDent Life Portal displays events taking place on any given day, week, and month chronologically and makes it easy for you to access all-important information on one page.
In order to submit an event or an announcement, you need login to https://stlawu.presence.io/ with your St. Lawrence network ID and password. Before you submit, you have the option to preview and edit.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Activities and Leadership at 315-229-5757 or email@example.com.
‘This Week in Posters’ on Instagram
‘This Week in Posters’ (TWIP) is a weekly roundup of posters/graphics about upcoming events and deadlines that the University’s main Instagram account, @StLawrenceU, shares via Instagram Stories. The series is posted most Monday mornings and features events and deadlines taking place over the next 8 days (Monday to Monday). The primary audience for this is current students.
- Email your posters/graphics to Jessica Dodaro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send them via a Direct Message (DM) to the @StLawrenceU Instagram account
'TWIP' Best Practices:
- Submit your poster/graphic no later than the Sunday night before the week of your event. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept late submissions.
- Posters/graphics must be square or vertical. Horizontal posters/graphics are too small to read in an Instagram Story. The ideal size is 1080 px x 1920 px.
- Posters/graphics can be simple! The most effective posters are the ones that are simplified.
- Posters/graphics must include:
- Name of event/deadline
- Date of event/deadline
- Time of event/deadline
- Location of event (physical or virtual)
- The sponsoring SLU department(s), program(s), team(s), club(s), or organization(s) of the event/deadline
- Posters/graphics cannot include:
- QR codes (Most Instagram Stories are viewed on phones, which would make it a bit difficult to use the QR code!)
Please note: At this time, we do not accept posters/graphics from area businesses.