McNair Summer Research Internships
All McNair Scholars are eligible to apply for the McNair Scholars Summer Research program. Program participants are required to complete the following:
- 8 week summer research internship under a faculty mentor
- Attend Community of Graduate Scholars (COGS) seminars twice per week
- Submit research logs once per week
- Attend meeting with McNair staff once per week
- Complete written assignments and projects by program due date
- Participate in a community service activity once per week
- Present research at national McNair conference
- Attend team building events
- A competitive stipend
- Room & board
- Free seminars focused on graduate school preparation & professional development. Past topics have included writing a personal statement, effective poster design, mock graduate interviews, writing a CV, oral presentations & public speaking.
- Free conferences. Past conferences have included UC Berkeley McNair Symposium & the University at Buffalo Undergraduate Research Conference.
- GRE preparation
- Graduate school planning
Research Proposals for Summer 2020 are due Friday, February 7.
- Basic Research Proposal Components
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to meet with McNair staff before submitting their summer proposals. Drop by Madill Hall - Room 207 or email Marsha Sawyer & Jennifer Townsend for an appointment.