CSTEP students participate in academic and career activities that promote access to careers in math, science, technology, and the licensed professions.
- Faculty mentored research and internship experiences: Students receive mentorship from a faculty member from their chosen discipline. They are able to participate in summer internships in which they conduct original research.
- Workshops: Participate in workshops on a variety of topics including standardized test preparation, resume and cover letter writing, internship and job seeking, graduate school opportunities, and interviewing.
- Conferences and seminars: Receive monetary support to assist with attending regional, national, and professional conferences to present research findings and explore career interests through interaction with practicing professionals.
- Presentations: Participate in annual opportunities that enable students to present their findings by way of poster or oral presentations.
- Advisement: Counseling designed to meet students' academic plans, career plans, and personal concerns.
- Resources: Access to a student work room containing information and materials designed to assist them in their graduate school selection, in completing their applications, and in applying for scholarships or fellowships
The variety of CSTEP activities assists students to establish career networks and/or positions them for graduate study in a field which is consistent with their choice of a career in a CSTEP-targeted profession.