If the Health Careers outlined in depth on this website are not the best fit for you, there are still plenty of other career options that enable you to work in a healthcare field.
Some suggestions for exploring the options below:
- Find out the tasks and responsibilities that go with the career. What types of settings might you work in?
- Identify whether graduate school or additional training would be required after you complete your undergraduate degree at SLU. Visit the websites of graduate/training programs to check out the types of courses you would take - do you get excited about what you would learn?
- Observe or shadow someone working in the career you’re interested in. Visit the Career Services office for assistance in arranging these opportunities.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your options, meet with a Health Career advisor to discuss the academic steps you would need to take to prepare for your career goal.
- Athletic Trainer
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
Counseling & Education
- Registered Dietitian
- Health Educator
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Mental Health Counselor
- Clinical Social Worker
- Genetic Counselor
- Certified Diabetes Educator
Management & Analysis
- Healthcare Administration
- Clinical Trial Management
- Occupational Health & Safety Analyst