Laurentian event volunteers assist the Office of Laurentian Engagement in coordinating regional events throughout the country. We plan a variety of events each year for alumni to attend with varying focus:
- Athletic events, e.g. receptions for hockey games
- Social opportunities for mingling, e.g. annual holiday parties
- Educational events, bringing faculty on the road to talk about their programs
- Community service events, e.g. a day of service during Laurentian for Life Week
- Career networking events, like our newest initiative: SLU Connect
Volunteers help to generate event ideas, secure venues, identify speakers, encourage attendance, and staff events. They help alumni, parents, and friends stay connected with one another in their own communities while learning about the latest happenings at St. Lawrence.
Interested in hosting an event or helping to plan one? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to host an event with a small group of your friends with free SLU swag?
Contact us today for your very own SLU in a Box!