A select chamber choir of undergraduate student singers, the Laurentians continue a 72-year legacy of choral excellence, performing regularly throughout the year on campus, in the North Country, and nationally and internationally on tour every year during spring break. Their far-ranging repertoire is drawn from the entire span of Euro-American classical traditions as well as world and popular idioms.
The Laurentian Singers go on tour every year during spring break in March. The former and current national capitols, Philadelphia and Washington DC, are the destinations this year. Therefore the focus of this year’s repertoire will be American music of all stripes—from colonial to contemporary, classical to popular, sacred to secular. Music by William Billings and Frank Ticheli, Aaron Copland and Dolly Parton, Randall Thompson and Steven Foster, and more.
Rehearsals (starting January 17)
- FULL – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-6pm, in Griffiths 15
- SECTIONALS – Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30pm for women, and 5:30-6:30pm for men, in Griffiths 15
- Spring Break Tour – Friday, March 15, to Sunday, March 24
- Home Concert – Friday, March 29, at 8pm in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall
- Commencement Concert – Saturday, May 18, at 4:30pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
- Monday, January 21, 7-9pm, in Griffiths 15
Audition requirements: vocalize throughout your range, sing a prepared solo a cappella (which can be any style except contemporary pop), and sing with a quartet (a choral excerpt of about 40 bars will be available for you to learn 30 minutes prior to your audition).
For more information, contact Barry Torres, director.