All CSTEP members are eligible to apply for the CSTEP Summer Research program. Program participants are required to complete the following:
- 8 week summer research internship under a faculty mentor
- Attend Community of Graduate Scholars (COGS) seminars twice per week
- Submit research logs once per week
- Attend meeting with CSTEP staff once per week
- Complete written assignments and projects by program due date
- Participate in a community service activity once per week
- Present research at local New York state conference
- Attend team building events
- A competitive stipend
- Room & board
- Free seminars focused on graduate school preparation & professional development. Past topics have included writing a personal statement, effective poster design, mock graduate interviews, writing a CV, oral presentations & public speaking.
- GRE preparation
- Graduate school planning
Internship Proposals for Summer 2020 are due Friday, February 7.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to meet with CSTEP staff before submitting their summer proposals. Drop by Madill Hall - Room 207 or email Marsha Sawyer & Jennifer Townsend for an appointment.