- When are bills mailed and when are they due?
- What if I can't pay the amount owed by the due date?
- Can I pay my tuition and fees with a credit card?
- Can I pay my tuition and fees online?
- How do I receive a refund for a credit balance?
- Do I have to purchase the health insurance offered by St. Lawrence?
- I will be living in a fraternity/sorority house. Will the bill from St. Lawrence University include room and board charges?
- How can I get enrollment verification required by family health insurance providers and some outside scholarship agencies?
- Who should I call if I have questions about fines or other miscellaneous charges on my bill?
- What happens if I have to withdraw from school after the start of a semester?
- How do I pay for my books?
Undergraduate students: Bills for the fall semester will be available online in July. Payment due date is August 10. The bills will reflect financial aid awarded to those students who have applied for financial aid and have submitted all required documents. (Bills for the spring semester are available on line in December with January 10 as the payment due date.) Charges incurred during the academic year are billed mid-month and are due on the 10th day of the following month. To review your bill on-line click here.
Graduate students: Students are billed mid month for courses in which they have registered during the last 30 days. Payment to the University is due upon receipt. Interest of 1% per month will be assessed on all balances past due by 30 days or more.
The University has a monthly payment option administered by Tuition Management Systems which allows payments for undergraduate tuition and fees pertaining to the regular academic year to be made over a 10 month period (5 months per semester). The plan carries no finance charges, but does require an enrollment fee of $45 per semester. Enrollment information is available here.
Yes, starting in the Fall 2018 semester St. Lawrence now accepts credit cards for payment of tuition and fees. A fee determined by your credit card will be calculated for each transaction.
Requests for refunds may be submitted to the Student Financial Services staff or by phone (315-229-5581). Requests must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday for a check to be produced by Friday. If the credit is fully or partially due to a payment made by a parent, a refund check will be issued and mailed to the parent at their home address unless a parent notifies the Student Financial Services staff that the check should be forwarded directly to the student. If a credit balance is solely due to student aid, the refund check will be mailed to the student's SMC box.
All full time matriculated students enrolled at St. Lawrence University are required to enroll in the St. Lawrence Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) OR provide proof of alternative insurance coverage through a comparable plan. Students are automatically enrolled in SHIP and must complete an online waiver form providing proof of their alternative coverage in order not to be billed the annual premium. The plan administrator for SHIP during the calendar year 2018-2019 will be UnitedHealthcare (UHC) and the annual premium for all students will be $1,780. Click here for more information.
That depends on which greek house you will live in. Listed below are each of the greek organizations at St. Lawrence University and whether or not the University bill includes room and board charges for the students living in the respective houses. Non-members living in University owned greek houses remain on the campus meal plan. Newly activated members will remain on the campus meal plan until the semester after they join the organization. Charges not billed by St. Lawrence University are collected from the students by the fraternity or sorority.
Greek Billing Info:
- Chi Omega (sorority): SLU only charges for board
- Delta Delta Delta (sorority): SLU does not charge for room or board
- Kappa Delta Sigma (sorority): SLU only charges for room
- Kappa Kappa Gamma (sorority): SLU does not charge for room or board
- Alpha Tau Omega (fraternity): SLU charges for room and board
- Beta Theta Pi (fraternity): SLU charges for room and board
Enrollment verification may be obtained by clicking here.
Charge/Fine Phone Numbers:
- Athletic Trips/Equipment: 315-229-5423
- Dorm Damage/Recycling Fees: 315-229-5250
- Parking Permits/Traffic Violations: 315-229-5554
- Library Fines: 315-229-5170
See the University's refund policy for information on this subject.
Students may purchase their books at the Brewer Bookstore using cash, check, credit card, or a community wide account. Students and their families are responsible for ensuring students have adequate funds on hand at the beginning of each semester to purchase books. Students with a normal course load will require approximately $325 each semester for books. An easy way to make funds available to students for this purpose is to open a community wide account and deposit funds into the account.