Billing & Payment FAQ
Important Billing Updates
2021 Fall bills have been posted electronically in the Student Account Center (SAC). Students and those whom they granted access to view their account received a notification to view their statements at that time. Payments are due by August 10, 2021.
Health Insurance Waiver/Enrollment: You need to complete EITHER the waiver OR enrollment form! Both waivers and enrollment are completed online. If a waiver is not completed by September 10, the charge will remain on the student bill and coverage will be dated back to August 1st. Dewars Tuition Refund Insurance: If you choose to waive the tuition refund insurance plan, you may do so online before September 10 or the charge will remain. You can find the links to these waivers on the SAC www.stlawu.afford.com under the “Important Information” section located on the right-hand side, or you can find these links on the last page of this newsletter.
Students planning to study abroad Fall 2021, may see a "miscellaneous credit" on your bill. This is to ensure balance accuracy as we are waiting to confirm the status of your program. The balance of your bill is correct!
Summer term students will be receiving a bill for Fall 2021 at the end of July after the Financial Aid Office finalizes their status. Please watch your email for that.
Bills may be paid by any of the following methods:
Electronically through SAC – Payments can be made online from a checking or savings account, as well as from a Debit or Credit Card. Payments are quick, accurate, secure, and the payment is reflected immediately. Payments can be made online at www.stlawu.afford.com
Mail – If you wish to mail in a payment, please make checks payable to St. Lawrence University and note the student’s name and ID number in the memo line. Payments should be mailed to:
St. Lawrence University
Attn: Student Financial Services
23 Romoda Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Payment Plan Options – Tuition Management Systems (TMS) is the University’s payment plan partner. Families may enroll through Student Account Center: www.stlawu.afford.com.
Late payments will result in a 1% late fee per month.
- Fall bills are available electronically
- Health Insurance and Dewar Tuition Insurance Waiver sites open
- Fall bill due
- Meal plan changes open on GET app
- First day of classes
- Last day of add/drop
- Last day for meal plan changes
- Health Insurance Waiver Due
- Dewar Tuition Plan Waiver Due
- Last day of finals
How do I view my student bill?
- Bills are generated on or around the 10th of each month.
- New students will receive an invitation through their SLU e-mail to sign in. Continuing students will receive a reminder notice when statements are available.
- Bills are available to parents once the student has logged in and provided their parent’s e-mail address, granting them full access to view the students billing information.
- Registered users may view account activity, print statements, and sign up for payment plans, and pay the student bill all through SAC.
- The Student Account Center is the only method to retrieve billing information. Bills are not sent by postal mail or e-mail.
Health Insurance Waiver / Enrollment Reminder
In order to waive the St. Lawrence University-sponsored Health Insurance ($934 per semester); an online waiver must be completed. Please note that this waiver is separate from any NCAA athletic medical release forms or New Student Vaccination Forms. Students not waiving this insurance are encouraged to confirm their enrollment in order to expedite the issuance of their insurance cards. Both the waiver and enrollment confirmation are completed online at https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com. If a waiver is not completed by September 10th, the charge will remain on the student bill and coverage will begin immediately.
Tuition Refund Insurance
St. Lawrence offers a tuition refund insurance plan through A.G. Dewar, which provides coverage of tuition and fee costs in cases of student withdrawal for medical reasons. Specifically, if a student withdraws because of illness, accident, or because of a mental health condition, the plan returns up to 80% of the insured tuition, fees, room, and board after the applicable St. Lawrence refund. The coverage is billed each semester ($242) and may be waived online by September 10th at http://www.tuitionprotection.com/stlawu
- Community-Wide Account (CWA): The CWA is a discretionary account tied to students' Campus ID Card. Once money is deposited to the CWA, students may use the funds at locations around the University as well as many of the businesses in Canton and Potsdam. More information can be found here: www.stlawu.edu/sfs .
- If students choose to live in a single room please note that there is an additional fee of $945 per semester. If students have questions regarding housing, please contact Residence Life at 315-229-5250 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Students living in a sorority house may be required to pay room and board fees directly to the Greek organization rather than to St. Lawrence University.
Did your financial aid include Federal Loans?
If a student is a first-time borrower of a Federal Loan, it is mandatory that the student complete the two steps below in order to receive your loan:
These federally required steps must be completed online at www.studentaid.gov.
If your Federal loans are still “pending” on your student account, please be sure to log in to your SLU Portal to accept or decline your 2021-2022 Federal loan offerings.
Meal Plan Information
Information regarding Meal Plans can be found at: http://www.stlawu.edu/dining/meal-plans
First-Year Students are required to be on the Unlimited Access Meal Plan
- Provides Unlimited access to Dana Dining Center seven days a week.
- Up to 10 Dana take-out meals per week (2 per day, 5 days a week)
- Up to 5 exchanges for retail meal deals per week (Northstar Café and satellites)
- $120 Dining Dollars per semester
- All First-Year students are required to be on this plan and is additionally open to all other class years
How to change your Meal Plan:
You are automatically placed on the plan you had from the previous semester unless you make a change. Meal plan changes can be made from August 20 – September 2.
Use the GET Mobile App for Meal Plan changes.
Search ‘GET Mobile’ to download from the Google play store or the AppStore!
For those without a mobile device, the GET Mobile application is available online at: https://get.cbord.com/stlawu/ . Simply login using your St. Lawrence University Credentials as you would check your e-mail or log into a SLU computer.