Funding for Experiential Learning Opportunities
Funding provided by the Dorothy Toth Beasley '59 and Virginia Toth Palmer '61 Endowed Fund, Dr. Thomas A. Bersani ’78 Public Health Experiential Learning Fund, and SLU Public Health Experiential Learning Fund.
Funds are available to support public health-related experiential learning activities for students. Supported experiential learning opportunities in public health include: internships and fellowships; professional and academic conferences; research; community-based experiences, campaigns or research presentations; and/or off-campus travel.
Small Grants (up to $600) are designed to provide support to faculty, staff, and students as they pursue activities related to experiential learning opportunities in public health. The Chair of the Public Health Department is responsible for reviewing PH Small Grant requests.
- Proposal Guidelines: Please provide a concise description of the project, a description of how the project is related to at least two of the Public Health Learning Goals, the potential significance for professional development, and justification for the funds requested. Include as accurate an itemized budget as possible.
- Deadlines: Oct 1st, Dec 1st, Feb 1st, April 1st
- Submit Proposals HERE (SLATE WEBFORM LINK Coming soon) For right now please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN Small Grant Proposal.
Large Grants (up to $3000) are intended to provide significant financial support for faculty, staff, and student projects that promote and incorporate experiential learning opportunities for students. A three-member committee of Public Health faculty including the Department Chair is responsible for reviewing PH Large Grant proposals.
- Proposal Guidelines: For all applicants, please provide a complete description of the project, a description of how the project is related to at least two of the Public Health Learning Goals, how the use of the funds supports your future academic and/or research goals, and justification for the funds requested. In addition, faculty and staff applicants must explain the significance of the project for experiential learning for our students.
- Include as accurate an itemized budget as possible and a timeline for completion of proposed project activities.
- If you plan to work with human participants, please address where you are in the IRB process and include the details of the IRB process in your timeline referred to above. If you plan to work with human participants but don’t need IRB approval, please explain.
- Include a statement about whether other possible sources of funding, both on and off campus, have been sought.
- The subcommittee may request additional information in order to provide a thorough review of the proposal.
- Those who receive an award that is greater than $1000 (up to the maximum of $3000) will be ineligible for PH Experiential Learning funds for the next two academic years.
- Deadlines: Oct 15th, Mar 15th
- Submit Proposals HERE (SLATE WEBFORM LINK Coming soon) For right now please email your proposal to email@example.com ATTN Large Grant Proposal.