SEVIS Transfers

Transferring Your SEVIS Record to St. Lawrence

If you are a new F-1 or J-1 student at St. Lawrence and have attended a secondary or another post-secondary institution in the US, you may transfer your SEVIS record to avoid repaying the SEVIS fee. To transfer your record, please complete your portion of the Transfer-In Form and ask your current international student advisor to complete the second half of the form which should be returned to the address at the bottom of the form.

If you are planning to remain in the US from the time you leave your current institution until you arrive at St. Lawrence, you may have your I-20 held for you until you arrive. However, if you plan to depart the US at any time after you leave your current school and before you arrive at St. Lawrence, you will need to have your new I-20 sent to you.

Transferring Your SEVIS Record from St. Lawrence to Another Institution

F-1 and J-1 students who plan to study as graduate students in the US or decide to transfer to another post-secondary institution may transfer their SEVIS record to the new institution. This must be done before the 60 day grace period ends after graduation. Please provide the P/DSO at St. Lawrence with a copy of your acceptance letter and the transfer form from your new school. If your new institution does not provide you with a form, please contact a staff member in International Student Services.