A transcript of the academic record of each regularly enrolled student is maintained in perpetuity in the registrar’s office. Any student or former student may request a free copy of their transcript at any time.
- Transcripts are provided at no charge.
- St. Lawrence University only issues official transcripts.
- Official transcripts are identifiable by the Registrar's signature and a raised impression of the College Seal.
- Depending on the academic calendar, normal transcript processing time is 3-5 business days after receipt of the request.This may be delayed during "busy" times of the semester: (e.g., during pre-registration week and while grades are being processed). Please be aware that ordering five or more transcripts during such times may take slightly longer to process.
- Fed Ex decreases the mailing time, but not the processing time. Each student transcript is a priority and processed in the order received.
- Advising transcripts are available to active students through the eSaint (APR) portal.
Requesting a Transcript
Download the Transcript Request Form to expedite your request. Include the following information on the form:
- Hand written signature of STUDENT (required); Student signatures in the student's record may be used to authenticate request signature.
- Full legal name. Include ALL former names under which you may have attended.
- Student ID or last 4 digits of your social security number,
- Dates of attendance,
- Return address and daytime phone number,
- Email address,
- Total number of transcripts you are requesting per recipient. Each recipient requires a new transcript request form.
- Full postal address to which we should send your transcript,
- Purpose for your transcript request,
- Special instructions (e.g., attachments)
Transcripts will be delivered at no extra charge by first class US Mail. If you need rush delivery, we can send your documents by Federal Express. Simply provide your Fed-ex account number on the transcript request. New accounts can be created at www.fedex.com or by calling (800) GOFEDEX. Please note that Fed-ex requires a street address and telephone number. They will not deliver to a PO Box. Fed-ex decreases the mailing time, but not the processing time. All transcripts are processed in the order received.
The University reserves the right to withhold academic transcripts in the event of an outstanding obligation owed the University at the time of the request. Outstanding obligations may be resolved in Student Financial Services (315) 229-5581.