Language Resource Center
The Language Resource Center, located on the second floor of Carnegie Hall, features two language labs, a large collection of language software, foreign language films, music, games, foreign language dictionaries, and world maps. It is directed by Gisele El Khoury who, assisted by her student staff, strives not only to complement the course offerings of The Department of World Languages, Cultures & Media but also to promote the innovative use of technology in the language classrooms and their attendant labs.
Hours of Operations:
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8:30 am to 10 pm
- Fridays: 8:30 am to 3 pm
- Saturdays: Closed
- Sundays: 6:30 pm to 10 pm
How to contact us:
- Phone: 229-5642
- Email: email@example.com
What you can do at the Language Resource Center:
- Polyglot/Language Writing Centers: These are advanced students and native speakers that are available to help with grammar review, and essay organization in Spanish, French, and German.
- Recording space: The LRC’s recording studio in Carnegie 210 is a dedicated space for recording and processing audio and video-based projects. The room is equipped with a computer workstation, a professional microphone, a whiteboard, and a green screen. The room is ideal for recording and producing audio and video files, including but not limited to voiceovers and podcasts. This room may be reserved by submitting a request to Gisele El Khoury firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viewing Room: Located in Carnegie 211, this room is used for video screenings; faculty and students may use the room to watch videos as required for their courses.
- Equipment: Houses media equipment that students may use for coursework or research in a collaborative space. Examples: Video cameras, headsets, and laptops.
LRC Resources: Catalogs of films (DVDs) available at the LRC front desk.
Online Language Resources: The Language Resource Center provides lists of useful online resources for learners of the languages that we offer at St. Lawrence University. In these collections, you can find Grammar lessons, Vocabulary and flashcards, News, Online dictionaries, Culture, Videos, Games, and many more.
Teaching Assistants: This page contains the TA evaluation and the Lab Report.