Master of Science in Education (MSED) in Ed Technology Specialist - SUNY Potsdam (obtained with distinction, GPA: 3.96)
Master in Law - Lebanese University
Gisele El Khoury is originally from Lebanon and came to the United States in 2005 after she earned her Master’s degree in Law. El Khoury started her teaching career as an Arabic professor at the University Of New Hampshire (UNH) where she taught for 2 semesters before moving to Potsdam, where she taught for 3 years at SUNY-Potsdam. At St. Lawrence University, El Khoury is teaching Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Arabic.
- Telling the story of the Arab Spring: an interactive graffiti map – Article published in “Muftah.org” (an online magazine on the Middle East and North Africa) – October 2014.
- Hasan and Marcus: A Film to Learn From – Article published in “Muftah.org” (an online magazine on the Middle East and North Africa) – January 2014.
- 6 Web 2.0 Resources for Teaching Arabic – Article published in the FLTMAG (A magazine on technology integration in the world language classroom) – November 2013
- Understanding Politic in the Arab world through Naji Al-Ali’s cartoons – Article published in “Muftah.org” (an online magazine on the Middle East and North Africa) – October 2013.
- How the Syrian War Impacts Politics and Sectarianism in Lebanon – Article published in “Muftah.org” (an online magazine on the Middle East and North Africa) – July 2013.
Projects: For the past two years, Gisele has been working on creating an Arabic Multimedia collection, click on this link to check it.
- Instructional Minigrant – St. Lawrence University – May 2018 ($250)
- ew York Six Mellon International Initiative Project (Principal Organizer(s): Gisele El Khoury and Mireille Koukjian) – Blended Course Development for Advanced Arabic – Spring and Fall 2015 ($25000)
- Crossing Boundaries Project (funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation) – Telling the story of the Arab Spring through Graffiti – Summer 2014 ($2000)
- Instructional Minigrant (funded by the Center for Teaching and Learning – St. Lawrence University) – January 2014 ($186)
- Crossing Boundaries Project (funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation) – Arabic Multimedia Collection – November 2013 ($2000)
- State University of New York at Potsdam: Departmental Award for Outstanding Interactive Media Project Production – Spring 2015.
- Presentation at the ACTFL convention 2019 titled: “Using Fairy Tales, Graphic Novels, Hip-hop, Maps and Films to Teach Culture”
- Presentation at the NeMLA convention 2018 titled: “Looking to jazz up your language classes? Teaching Culture “differently”
- Seminar presented for SOAR – Lifelong Learning in the North Country. Seminar title: “Telling the story of the Arab spring through Graffiti”
- Presentation at the NeMLA convention 2014 titled: “6 Web 2.0 Resources for Teaching Arabic”
- Presentation during the May College event titled: “Digital Textbooks at St. Lawrence University”
- Guest speaker in the “EDLS 333: Education, Language and Culture “ course – gave a presentation titled: “Arab World: what do you need to know”
- Presentation during the NYSAFLT event titled: “Changing Language Education”
- Seminar presented for SOAR – Lifelong Learning in the North Country. Seminar tile: “Arab World: Reality and Myth"