In Memory: Thomas Foster
Dear Laurentian community,
I write with the heartbreaking news that Thomas Foster ’24 from Brookfield, Connecticut, died overnight.
During the challenging times ahead, Thomas’s family and close friends will require our support. St. Lawrence is close-knit community and when we lose one of our own, regardless of if we knew the individual or not, we all feel a loss.
There are many resources available for students who need support or simply want someone to talk with at this difficult time including:
- Chaplain’s office
- Counseling Services (can always be accessed at any hour by calling Safety & Security at 315-229-5555)
- Student Life
- Any student, regardless of location, may call our crisis/consultation line (315-229-1914) that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Reachout of St. Lawrence County, a free, confidential, non-judgmental crisis and information hotline, call (315) 265-2422
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline call 800-273-8255
- National Crisis textline text “help” to 741741
There will be an opportunity for Laurentians to gather informally for mutual support later today and more information will be sent out by the Chaplain’s office.
We will plan to celebrate Thomas’s memory with a formal community gathering to be announced in the coming days and encourage his friends, classmates, and teachers to share memories and read reflections on the memorial website.
With my sympathy,