SEVIS Transfers

Transferring Your SEVIS Record to St. Lawrence

If you are a new F-1 or J-1 student at St. Lawrence and have attended a secondary or another post-secondary institution in the US, you may transfer your SEVIS record to avoid repaying the SEVIS fee. To transfer your record, please complete your portion of the Transfer-In Form and ask your current international student advisor to complete the second half of the form which should be returned to the address at the bottom of the form.

If you are planning to remain in the US from the time you leave your current institution until you arrive at St. Lawrence, you may have your I-20 held for you until you arrive. However, if you plan to depart the US at any time after you leave your current school and before you arrive at St. Lawrence, you will need to have your new I-20 sent to you.

Transferring Your SEVIS Record from St. Lawrence to Another Institution

F-1 and J-1 students who plan to study as graduate students in the US or decide to transfer to another post-secondary institution may transfer their SEVIS record their new institution. Please provide the DSO with the appropriate form from your new institution. If your new institution does not provide you with a form, please make an appointment with the DSO.