To receive honors in English, students must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.5 in the major and submit for evaluation a critical or creative writing project of substantial length. The proposal for an honors project must be submitted to the department’s Honors/Independent Projects committee by March 1st of the semester preceding the beginning of the project.
The project is developed in English 498 (Honors Projects) under the direction of a faculty advisor, and is offered only in the fall semester. Critical projects usually examine the works of a particular writer, or a literary theme or practice that two or more writers share. Creative projects are usually collections of original poetry, fiction, prose essays or screenplays.
Honors Projects 2018-2019
- John (Jack) Christensen - Advisors, Natalia Singer (English) and Jon Rosales (Environmental Studies)
- Nicole Kubishta - Advisor, Sarah Gates
- Cleo Mueller - Advisor, Natalia Singer
- Jonathan Mitchell - Advisor, Sarah Barber
- Claire Skogsberg - Advisor, Paul Graham
- Robert Burke - Advisor, Paul Graham
Honors Projects 2017-2018
- Hannah Kingley - Advisor, Caroline Breashears
Honors Projects 2016-2017
- Haley DeParde - Advisor, Natalia Singer
- Amanda Brooks - Advisor, Mark Sturges
- Marguerite Wiser - Advisors, Natalia Singer and Sara Ashpole