Purchasing Card Holder User Guide
FIRST TIME USER LOG ON
1. Go Centresuite.com - Enter your User ID and password, and then click LOG ON.
2. At first log on, users are required to set their security questions and answers. Select your security questions and answers. Please be sure to write them down. They are CASE SENSITIVE.
3. Next, carefully read the End Use License Agreement and choose I agree. If you would like to keep a copy for your records, click Print.
4. You are then asked to change your password. Enter your old password and choose a new password. Then click Submit.
5. Your password has been successfully changed. Click OK to being using Centresuite.
VIEWING AND EDITING TRANSACTIONS
From the Expense Module, you can search for transactions based on a variety of criteria, allocate your transactions to the appropriate accounting codes, and split them if necessary.
1. Please click on EXPENSES, select View Transactions. The Search for Transactions screen will appear. This screen only includes basic search criteria including date range.
2. Search for transactions based on a date range. A list of transactions in the date range you specified appears.
3. View the detail of each transaction by cling the magnifying glass under the Detail column at the right side of your screen in the search results.
Transactions can be allocated based on your company's unique accounting or general ledger codes. Examples of allocation codes for St. Lawrence University are a 10 digit account number followed by a 5 digit object code.
1. You can allocate transactions be entering the appropriate information into the description, cost center, and object code boxes next to each transaction. This will already be pre-filled. If a correction is needed, Click the icon next to each box for a list of valid allocation codes.
2. The pop up box appears. Here are can search for valid allocation codes by valid code or code description. Select the appropriate code by clicking the button next to it. The click OK. If the number isn't listed, please send an email to Sebastian Notaro for it to be added.
3. You can also batch-allocate multiple transactions by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the transactions. Then choose the "Allocate" action form the Action dropdown.
4. The batch allocation pop up window appears.
5. Enter the appropriate allocation codes for the selected transactions. Then click save. The allocate code that you enter here will be applied to all of the selected transactions.
By splitting a transaction, you can allocate it to more than 1 allocation code (such as sharing the cost of a transaction between 2 departments.)
- On the transaction list, click on the green split icon next to the transaction.
- The split transaction screen appears. Here you can select the percentage or split amount and enter the appropriate allocation codes.
- When are you finished splitting the transaction, click Save and Return.
If you need more than 2 splits, you can add additional splits by entering a number in the "Add splits" box. Then click Go. By clicking split equally, your transaction will be split equally across all split lines. When you are finished splitting the transaction, click Save and Return.
- The Account Summary Tab allows you to review activity on your account since the last statement as well as a summary of your last statement.
- The Account Activity Tab allows you to view a list of transactions for a chosen statement cycle.
- The View Statements Tab allows you to view up to 6 months of statements. Click on the pdf icon next to a statement date to view and print statements.