The minor in economics requires six (6) units in economics including Economics 100, 251 and 252. Additionally, a minor requires STAT 113. Accounting 203 & 204 do not count towards the minor in economics. No more than one independent project or off-campus economics course may count toward the minimum number of economics courses required for the major.
Economics minors must maintain a university grade point average of at least 2.0 and an economics grade point average of at least 2.0. Students will not be admitted to the minor unless they have at least a 2.0 university cumulative average and at least a 2.0 cumulative average in economics.
Students majoring in BUSLA may not minor in Economics.
How to declare this minor:
- QUALIFY. You must have a 2.0 GPA in economics.
- APPROVAL. You will need meet with an economics faculty member and have their approval as your Economics Advisor.
- TRANSCRIPT. Download a copy of your unofficial transcript from APR 2.0. You will need to upload it as part of the minor declaration form (Step 5).
- CONTRACT. Complete the online contract Economics Minor Contract.
- MINOR DECLARATION FORM. This online form must be completed through the Slate system from advising: https://www.stlawu.edu/advising/forms Please upload the unofficial copy of your transcript as you complete the minor declaration form.