Biochemistry Major Requirements
Biochemistry majors must complete the following courses:
101. and 102. General Biology.
250. Introduction to Cell Biology.
103. and 104. General Chemistry.
221. and 222. Organic Chemistry.
342. Thermodynamics and Kinetics.
394. Research Methods in Biochemistry.
395. Research Methods in Molecular Biology.
415. Advanced Biochemistry.
A senior project following either chemistry or biology department guidelines.
103,104. College Physics. or
151,152. University Physics.
135. Calculus I. and
136. Calculus II.
Senior Research and Honors Project
Under the direction of a faculty mentor, students conduct their senior research or honors research project following either chemistry or biology department guidelines. To graduate with honors in biochemistry, students must have a biochemistry GPA (combined chemistry, biology and biochemistry required courses) of 3.5. Students working toward graduating with honors normally take BIOCH 489 in the fall semester and BIOCH 499 in the spring semester.