Relocation Guidelines & Resources
EXPENSES WHICH DO QUALIFY FOR REIMBURSEMENT ARE THE REASONABLE COST OF:
- Packing, crating and transporting of household goods and personal effects, also storage up to 30 consecutive days (i.e. U-Haul, moving company). Corrigan Moving Systems* and St. Lawrence University have created a partnership to meet the relocation needs for faculty, administrators and employees. Please visit https://www.corriganmoving.com/st-lawrence/
- Vehicle rental/air travel/train travel
- Travel to the new residence by car: the cost may be figured by either actual fuel expenses if receipts are provided OR by actual mileage at the rate of $.165 per mile.
- Parking fees and tolls
- Lodging costs while in transit to new home (but NOT for temporary housing at the new location). One night upon arrival in Canton can be included.
EXPENSES WHICH DO NOT QUALIFY FOR REIMBURSEMENT INCLUDE:
- Meal expenses
- Costs associated with pre-move house hunting trips
- Costs associated with occupying a temporary quarter
- Expenses involving buying or selling of a home
- Costs associated with side trips and stopovers for visits
- SLU will reimburse the new employee for one trip per family member. (These trips can occur at different times.)
- The 50-mile test of the Internal Revenue Service: the distance from home to the new job must be at least 50 miles greater than the old commute.
- Relocation trips should be made via the most direct route.
- Airline reservations and car rentals can made, via email, through Christopherson Business Travel at email@example.com. As an alternative, a new employee can make his or her own arrangements and submit receipts for reimbursement.
- Expense reports should be completed and submitted with appropriate receipts to the Associate Dean’s Office (Faculty positions) OR Human Resources Office (Exempt Staff positions) for budget approval in a timely manner, normally within 10 business days.
*Corrigan Moving Systems is the preferred relocation provider selected by St Lawrence University, and can assist with a variety of moving services such as : household goods relocation, automobile shipping, office and laboratory relocations, and temporary storage for household goods.
As an award-winning agent for United Van Lines, Corrigan Moving Systems is also a preferred member of the E&I Cooperative which provides discounted transportation rates for universities nationwide. Please take a moment to click on our St Lawrence University Landing Page to start the process and request a complimentary moving estimate: https://www.corriganmoving.com/st-lawrence/