- Acon: Free verb conjugator
- Fun with Arabic: This site includes an alphabet lesson with a catchy song, some grammar lessons, an online quiz, and many external links.
- Learn Arabic Online: This website contains a large and ever-growing repository of tutorials on the Arabic language. Here you can learn to read Arabic, write Arabic, learn Arabic numbers, learn to conjugate Arabic verbs, delve into Arabic grammar, and much more.
- Speak7: Includes the Arabic alphabet and basic grammar lessons
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- Al-Jazeera Learning Arabic: This is an Arabic language learning tool launched by Qatar-based news outlet Al-Jazeera.
- Anki: Interactive flashcard program. Use with text, audio, video, or images. Can keep track of how well you’re remembering different cards. Create multiple decks of flashcards.
- Arabic Webcasts: Practice your listening skills with webcasts and their scripts.
- Aswaat Arabiya: Aswaat cArabiyya provides listening materials and accompanying activities that are intended for the various levels of proficiency from Novice to Superior. These listening materials have been selected from television stations throughout the Arab world and they treat a wide variety of topics and listening genres.
- Busuu: Vocabulary, listening, and reading exercises. Ability to practice with native speakers/other learners. Goal-setting, printable PDFs, rewards. Very correct pronunciation (including all the case endings).
- Digital Dialects: Interactive games to learn the basic vocabulary
- Doha Film Institute: Videos for Learning Arabic.
- Hello-World: More than 600 FREE Arabic games and activities.
- Lingua.ly: It is a vocabulary tool that helps users learn words while browsing the web. Double-click on a word once this Chrome extension is installed, and Lingua.ly both translates words and begins compiling a word collection.
- Omniglot: Details of written and spoken Arabic, including the Arabic alphabet and pronunciation
- Oxford First Arabic Words book: Interactive site for the Oxford First Arabic Words book. Hear words pronounced as you put the cursor overwriting next to picture – good for reading practice and learning new everyday vocabulary
- The Arabic Student: Collection of Arabic media collected by an American student of Arabic to help intermediate to advanced students with mainly dialects
31 Arabic Proverbs with English Translation: A collection of proverbs from Egyptian and Levantine Arabic. Includes both the literal English translation from Arabic and a more figurative translation
- Hans Wehr’s Disciples: A collection of readings/translations, and related vocabulary, grammar and translation insights, from calligrapher/linguist Josh Berer covering all levels of difficulty and different genres.
- Nizariat: A collection of poetry and prose from Syrian poet Nizar Qabbani, as well as information on Qabbani himself.
- Princeton Online Poetry Project: Small collection of translated Arabic poems with the option of listening to poems read by a native speaker.
- Playaling: It's a free online resource for learning Arabic through engaging real-world content and interactive captioning.
- Hans Wehr: A searchable, online version of the only dictionary serious students of the Arabic language need; you can search by typing in roots.
- Lexilogos: Dictionary finder! Type in a word and you will be directed to the appropriate dictionary.
- Arabic Culture through Literature and Film: you can find five units high school curriculum that provides students with knowledge and tools to analyze and understand the Arab world. The materials utilize a student-centered pedagogical approach that promotes critical thinking and respect and encourages engaged global citizenship.
- Arabic Multimedia collection: It is an online resource with interactive learning and playing applications to further educators’ and students’ understanding and appreciation of the Arabic language, arts, culture, music and history.
- Arabic Without Walls: Arabic Without Walls contains materials for three separate components broken down under the Course Content into Al-Kitaab, Interviews, and Culture. While each component may stand by itself and therefore may be studied independently, the three are designed to complement each other in Arabic Without Walls
- Friends of Morocco: Lessons in Moroccan Arabic
- LangMedia: Collection of videos (can be used in elementary and intermediate courses)
- Music Layoonak: The largest Arabic music blog, with over 800 songs from over 175 artists from all over the Arabic-speaking world in translation.
- West Michigan University: Texts and Audios to learn Arabic based on Arabic culture.
- BBC News: Up to date news in Arabic.
- Online Newspapers: Online newspapers from different Arab countries.
- Speak7: Includes the Arabic alphabet and basic grammar lessons.
- Tunein: Listen to radio stations in Arabic-speaking countries (or anywhere in the world.) Don’t use with Safari browser.
Keyboard & Handwriting
- Online Arabic Keyboard: Typing device with an Arabic keyboard
Tips for Reading Arabic Handwriting: Samples of modern handwritten Arabic with pointers on how to read some of the most common shapes and letter connection patterns.
- Egyptian Arabic Dialect Course: An online course designed to teach learners of Arabic and introduce them to Egyptian Arabic using examples and vocabulary from the lyrics of songs