Name: _____________________________________________ Your ID #: _______________
Amount: ___________________ Account Number: ______________ Object Code: _____
Advance Account #: 1-00-00-00000 Object Code: 14030
Explanation (Who, What, Where, When, Why): _______________________________________
* Requests will be returned if all information is not completed legible. Individuals cannot sign their own advance requests. Approval must come from the next level up.
* Checks are printed every Friday by Noon for advance requests received in the Business Office by Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
* Advances to employees will be paid by direct deposit on Monday if the employee’s salary is paid by direct deposit. If the employee’s salary is paid by check, advances will be paid by check as well.
* The University will provide cash advances to faculty and staff who do not have M&T Travel Cards and are traveling on authorized business. Advances may also be issued to students who have been awarded university funds for travel expenses. Travel advances should only be used to pay for out of pocket costs which can not be paid by credit card or directly paid by the University. The amount of the advance must be reasonable for the length and location of the trip and may not exceed $500. Each cash advance is the personal obligation of the traveler, therefore, the traveler is responsible for any lost or stolen cash advances.
* An approved expense report must be submitted to substantiate the expenses paid with the advance within 20 business days after the trip. Any advance funds not used must be returned with the report. If an expense report to clear an advance is not received within the required timeframe, the Business Office will send a reminder. An advance not accounted for with an expense report with 120 days will be reported to the appropriate vice president and deemed taxable income to the employee. Appropriate payroll taxes will be withheld in the employee's next salary payment.
* Employees may not have more than one travel advance outstanding at any time. Reimbursements for other business expenditures and additional advances will not be made until the prior advance is substantiated.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE: ______________________________ DATE: __________________
APPROVED BY: _______________________________________ DATE: __________________