1. Select "Register" from the front page.
2. (Step 1) Type in "St. Lawrence University" *and* select it
3. Click "I agree" and "I affirm..."
4. Click "Continue to Create Your CITI Program Username/Password" (ignore "Independent Learner Registration")
5. (Step 2) Fill in your name and email
6. (Step 3) Create your username and password
7. Select Security Question and provide your Security Answer
8. (Step 4) Country of Residence (e.g., United States)
9. (Step 5) Answer "NO" to Continuing Education Unit (CE). Skip the next question. Then answer "NO" to participation in studies and "NO" to marketing information.
10. (Step 6) In the next section, the only items you must respond to are "Institutional Email Address," "Department," and "Role in Research." Select the role that seems to fit best your reason for completing the CITI Program training.
11. (Step 7) Curriculum
a. Question 1: Choose the appropriate category, which will most often be either Social-Behavioral-Educational Student Researchers or Social-Behavioral-Educational Faculty-Staff Researchers. STUDENTS: Be sure to select the Student Researcher version or you will get the Faculty-Staff course, which is longer.
b. Question 2: Select "All researchers (RCR)"
c. Question 3: If you are not a PSYC 205 student, select "Not at this time" (at the bottom of the list). PSYC 205 Students: Select "I work with Rats, Genus: Rattus"
d. Question 4: Select "Not at this time"
12. Click "Complete Registration"
13. On the welcome page, click on "Finalize Registration"
14. On the Institutional Courses page, click on "View Courses" for your St. Lawrence Courses
15. Click on the course you wish to work on. Most individuals will see two courses: RCR and the Student or Faculty-Staff version of the Social-Behavioral-Educational Researchers course. PSYC 205 Students: Additionally, you will see the "Working with Rats in Research Settings - Lab Animal Research" and "Working with the IACUC - Lab Animal Research) courses.
16. For each course, you must "Complete The Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course". Click that you agree.
Students in PSYC 205: Research Methods in Psychology
You must complete the 2 required modules in the "All researchers (RCR)" course plus two RCR supplemental modules: "Using Animal Subjects in Research" (ID: 13301) and "Research Involving Human Subjects" (ID: 13566).
You must complete the 5 required modules in the "Social-Behavioral-Educational Student Researchers" course.
You must complete the first 4 modules in the "Working with Rats in Research Settings - Lab Animal Research" course.
You must complete the first 2 modules in the "Working with the IACUC - Lab Animal Research" course.