Language and Cultural Exchange Program
Fall LCEP applications are due on September 23rd.
- World Languages will match partners based on language and preferences.
- Language teams will meet at least once a week during the semester.
- Language teams can continue into the next semester if both partners agree. Otherwise, a new partner may be assigned.
- The program is open to SLU faculty, staff, and students.
- There is a chance you will not be assigned this semester depending on your language choice. Re-apply each semester to have the best chances for a partner.
- Celebrate multicultural and multilingualism at SLU!
- Improve foreign language speaking skills
- Meet new friends and explore campus and community activities
- Enhance cultural understanding and appreciation
- Prepare for study abroad. Share study abroad experience upon returning.
- Engage in two-way sharing so mutual benefit is achieved
By submitting this application, I agree to:
- Attend the mandatory partner matching orientation.
- Follow the guidelines as dictated in the orientation.
- Only meet in public places with my partner.
- Meet once a week with my partner at a time and location we agree upon.
If my language partner is found, I promise that I will attend the mandatory orientation on September 29th at 4 pm.*
*If you are not able to attend the mandatory training or have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Up-to-date program information and contact can also be found on Instagram at slu_esol.