Chinese Studies Minor
Requirements for the Chinese Studies Minor:
The minor consists of six courses:
- Four language courses, of which two must be taken on campus.
- Two courses from the approved list given below.
Special topics related to Chinese history and culture taught in other disciplines count toward the minor.
If Chinese is also part of a multi-language majors, students are required to take two additional classes for the minor in Chinese Studies.
All courses taken in the Shanghai program count toward the minor.
- Chinese 101, 102 Elementary Chinese
- Chinese 103, 104 Intermediate Chinese
- Chinese 201, 202 Advanced Chinese
- Chinese 489, 490 SYE Independent Study
- Ltrn/Asia 232 Cultures of China
- Ltrn /Asia 234 Chinese Literature and Film
- Ltrn/Asia 236 Buddhism and Daoism through Literature and Film
- Govt 293 (when offered on topics about China)
- Govt 322 Chinese Politics
- Hist 105 Early Asian Civilizations
- Hist 106 Modern Asia
- Hist 292 Modern China
- Phil 223 Asian Philosophy
- Rel 223 Religious Life of China
- Soc 278 China’s Market Transition