Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
The Center for Career Excellence at St. Lawrence is committed to providing a welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where students of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to explore their career interests and plan their futures.
We are dedicated to serving all students through personalized conversations and comprehensive career development strategies that demonstrate multicultural awareness. We aim to provide students with opportunities where they may examine the intersection of their identities and develop an understanding of diverse work environments.
As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), the Center for Career Excellence supports the association's commitment to diversity. Learn more by reading NACE's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.
Resources Focused on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Job Search Sites
- Diversity Jobs
- Diversity Job Board
- Workplace Diversity
- GettingHired.com (featuring employers committed to hiring individuals with disabilities)
Search for Internships
- BRAG Internship Program (fashion and retail)
- SEO Career (business and finance)
- T. Howard Foundation (media and entertainment)
Research Fellowship Programs
Interview Tips and Tools
Articles Worth Reading
- Coming Out at Work (Human Rights Campaign)
- Job Search Advice for LGBT Job Seekers (Glassdoor)
- Allyship at Work: How to Turn Intentional into Actions (Idealist.org)
- Four Tips for Searching for Companies that Focus on Diversity and Inclusion (Firsthand)
- 50+ Black-Owned and Led Companies for Students to Follow (Handshake)
- Finding and Creating LGBTP Inclusive Work Environments (Zippia)
- Trans Job Seeker Guide: Overcoming Obstacles in the Job Market (Zippia)