Requirements for the Arabic Studies Minor: *Starting Fall 2021
The minor consists of six courses:
Four language courses, of which two must be taken on campus.
Two English courses: at least one from the Department of World Languages, Cultures, and Media and one English course related to the minor from the approved list given below.
Special topics related to the Arabic culture and Arabic world taught in other disciplines count toward the minor.
If Arabic is also part of a multi-language major, students are required to take two additional classes for the minor in Arabic Studies.
- All classes in Jordan can count toward the minor
- Arabic 101, 102 - Elementary Arabic
- Arabic 103, 104 - Intermediate Arabic
- Arabic 201 - Advanced Arabic
- Arabic 3000 - Conversational Arabic
- Arabic 3009 - Conversational Arabic & Media
- Arabic 3012 - Arab Society thr Film HipHop
- Arabic 3013 - Arabic Language through Song & Film
- Arabic 3014 - Intro to Translation
- Arabic 3015 - Mediterranean Culture through Cinema
- Arabic 4000 - Arabic Literature and Media
- Arabic 489, 490 SYE - Independent study
- Global Studies 350 - Global Palestine
- Government 290 - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Government 331- Politics of the Middle East
- History 160 - The Islamic World
- History 230. The Middle East in the Nineteenth Century
- History 231. The Modern Middle East
- History 368. Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- History 379. Colloquium in Middle Eastern History
- Religion 224. Islamic Religious Traditions.