Admissions Procedures for Matriculating Students:
1. Complete the online Graduate Program Application.
2. An application fee of $50 is required before the graduate application is reviewed. Online payments may be made here. NOTE: University employees are exempt from paying the $50 application fee.
3. Submit a Statement of Purpose. Visit https://www.stlawu.edu/education/personal-statement-admission for guidelines and suggestions.
4. Arrange to have an official transcript verifying a bachelor's degree forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Any graduate coursework completed prior to admission MUST be approved by the program coordinator to be acceptable for credit in a degree program.
5. Arrange for (3) current, signed letters of reference, attesting to your aptitude for graduate study, to be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
6. Arrange for a meeting with the program coordinator.
7. For students whose first language is not English, results of the TOEFL test may be required.
9. Upon admission to our graduate programs, you will be required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR), and Meningococcal Meningitis (MMV). If you have not received your MMV, you will be required to submit a signed waiver form.
Procedures For Enrolling as a Non-Matriculated Student:
1. Submit the online Non-Matriculating Student application.
2. Forward an official transcript to the Office of Graduate Programs. In order to enroll in graduate coursework, we must be able to verify that a bachelor's degree has been awarded. If you earned a degree at St. Lawrence University, submit only an advising transcript of your coursework.
3. Arrange for a meeting with the program coordinator.
4. Students enrolling in less than 6 credit hours (2 courses) will not be required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and will not be required to submit a signed MMV consent form.
Students enrolling in 6 credit hours or more are required to provide proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) and will not be allowed to attend classes until the required documentation has been received. Health forms are available at: https://www.stlawu.edu/health-and-counseling-services/information-new-students
PLEASE NOTE: Students enrolling as a non-matriculated student may only register for up to (4) courses before they are required to matriculate into a program of study.
Information for University Employees and Assistant Coaches
University employees and assistant coaches at St. Lawrence University are eligible to register for academic courses under tuition remission. If you are interested in applying to our graduate program in Educational Leadership, call the Office of Graduate Programs to make an appointment with the program coordinators. Please note that University employees, including assistant coaches, are exempt from the paying the $50 application fee. For assistance, please contact our office.
Information for Foreign Students
Each foreign student must have a completed Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) in order to study at the University. Upon the student's admission to the graduate program, the department of education will forward copies of the completed application and the letter of admission to the University's office of international and intercultural education. It is the student’s responsibility to work with that office to complete the following documents:
· copy of a completed application
· copy of an acceptance letter
· copy of Certificate of Finances
· copy of any financial aid award (if applicable)
Upon receipt of these documents, the University’s office of international and intercultural education will complete the Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) and send it to the student.