- The Handshake Events Calendar contains a listing of upcoming programs, events, and workshops; students should check regularly for dates, times, and registration deadlines (if applicable)
- Alumni Insights Series (recordings of past sessions)
- Using LinkedIn to Your Advantage: Bryan Brennan ’12, Director of Sales Development, AspirelQ & Jennifer Kim ’18, Content Marketing Specialist, AspirelQ
- How to Build a Powerful Brand…Even with No Experience: Adrian Wilson ’14, Founder, Artlet
- Navigating the U.S. Job Search Process as an International Student: Kanti Shrestha ’07, Head of Enterprise Technology Communications, JPMorgan Chase & Sifael Ndandala ’15, Business Integrity Associate, Facebook
- There is No “Magic Bullet" for the Job Search: One Size Doesn’t Fit All: Roger Brandt ’17, Auto Damage Supervisor, GEICO & Zack Hallock ’17, Energy Services Advisor, Competitive Energy Services, LLC
- A Career in Sports Marketing Post-COVID 19: Molly Mullady Arbogast ’91, President & CEO, POV Sports Marketing
- Working in Tech and Navigating the Job Market: Elley Symmes ’14, Senior Central Operations Manager, Uber & Taylor Pellerin ’17, Data Scientist, Uber Eats
- Financing Your Future: Brian Wilcox ’85, P’14, ’18 CLU, ChFC, CLTC, CLF, RICP, CASL, Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual; Madison Wilcox ’14, MBA, CFP®, ChFC®, WMCP®, Director of Financial Planning, Northwestern Mutual Boston; Kennedy Wilcox ’18, Director of New Business & Communications, Northwestern Mutual Boston
- Building Your Personal Brand: Kathleen Hall ’83, Chief Brand Officer, Microsoft
LINC Mentor Program
Launched in 2013 and conceptualized by alumnus Michael Arpey ’85, the LINC Program matches sophomore students with a St. Lawrence alumnus/a or parent from a professional field for a year-long one-on-one mentorship. The program provides regular interaction between student and mentor for relationship development and the establishment of connections with the goal of developing the student’s networking and industry knowledge and skills, as well as encouraging a longer-lasting mentor-mentee relationship. Click here to watch a short video.
Laurentians in Residence
Laurentians in Residence is a collaboration between the Center for Career Excellence, University Advancement, and the Student Alumni Association. The program brings alumni and parent leaders to campus for classroom presentations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. Alumni and parent guests offer insights on potential careers, discuss competencies, skills, and knowledge sought by employers, and provide advice on how students can best develop connections and gain experience as they prepare for life after college.
The mission of SLU Connect is to strengthen the student experience and enhance alumni and parent engagement through off-campus career programming that focuses on exploration and preparation, professional interactions, and building meaningful connections, resulting in shared experiences and opportunities that enrich the Laurentian community.
While we are unable to travel this semester for our traditional SLU Connect trek programs, we are excited to offer a series of virtual SLU Connect programs to connect our students with industry experts in a variety of fields. Join us for the SLU Connect LIVE (Laurentians Investing in the Virtual Experience) industry focused programs and engage with alumni and parents from across the country. The programs will include two expert round tables, a young alumni round table, and alumni networking event over the course of two days. We hope to resume our travel trek programs next year.
- SLU Connect LIVE Business & Finance Recordings:
- Young Alumni Session: Joshua Cameron ’15, Senior Inbound Strategist, New Breed Marketing; Taylor Castator ’15, Manager of Finance, Planning & Analysis, Enthought; Alec Cote ’15, Associate, Carlyle Group; Madison Wilcox ’14, Director of Financial Planning Department, Northwestern Mutual; Bubacarr Fofana ’18, Senior Client Solutions Associate, Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG)
- Business Session: Sean Daugherty ’02, Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners; Melissa McDonald ’81, Principal, Providence Group; David Priebe ’81, Chairman, Guy Carpenter Reinsurance; Liz Hogan P’22, Business Development & Strategy, Edgar Strategic Consulting Services; Brijesh Jeevarathnam ’97, Partner & Co-Head of Global Venture Fund Investments, Adams Street Partners, Inc.
- Finance Session: Fatma Luy ’12, Director, CVC Credit Partners; Keith Henry ’84, Managing Director, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management; Dan Brindisi ’89, Senior Vice President, Fidelity; Evan Shifley ’14, Practice Manager, Baystate Financial
- SLU Connect Live Communications Recordings:
- Breaking Into the Communications Industries with Young Alumni: Mary Baucom ’13, Marketing Manager, Healthline Media, Brandon Di Perno ’16, Content Marketing Manager, Sportlogiq; Nora Langan ’12, Corporate Communications Manager, Surescripts; Kitty O'Keefe ’13, Editorial Producer, CNN; Lexi Williams ’15, Account Executive for Group Events, New Jersey Devils
- Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Roundtable: Sarah Cook-Raymond ’03, President and CEO, Impact Marketing + Communications; Molly Mullady Arbogast ’91, Founder, President & CEO, POV Sports Marketing LLC; Todd Haskell ’90, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Hearst; Scott Sneath ’88, P’22, Managing Director, Primal, A&G
- Media & Journalism Roundtable: Ed Forbes ’02, Senior Director, News & Engagement, North Jersey Media Group; Peter Gailey P'18, '21, President & Co-Founder, BroadcastMed; Elizabeth Kadick ’11, Senior Public Affairs, ElectriCities; Dan Rusanowsky ’83, Play-by-Play Broadcaster, San Jose Sharks
- SLU Connect Live Health Careers Recordings:
- Breaking into the Industry with Young Alumni: Yvonne Boateng ’18, Research Study Assistant, Memorial Sloan Kettering; Alex Calderwood PA-C ’12, Critical Care Physician Assistant, Yale New Haven Health; Becky (Walsh) LaMay ’13, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Massachusetts General Hospital; Dr. Conor Peterson ’12, Dentist, Community Health Services of Lamoille Valley; Lia Pizzicato ‘14, Senior Researcher, HealthCore, Inc.; Dr. Amy Yao ‘14, Resident Physician in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Montefiore Health System
- Healthcare Practitioners: Dr. Lori Benjes P’22, Dermatologist, Harvard University Health Services; Dr. Praveen Chatani ‘10, General Surgery Resident at SUNY Upstate Medical University; Dr. Glenn Schattman ‘83, Fertility Specialist & Associate Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Research Careers: Kirk Donovan Ph.D. ’08, Scientist I, Biogen; Greg Lyng Ph.D.’03, Chief Operating Officer, Biomodels; Jaime Ross Ph.D. ’03, Assistant Professor in Neuroscience, University of Rhode Island; Dr. Karen Hoberg Wilson ’90, Debra and Leon Black Professor, Division Chief for General Pediatrics, & Vice Chair for Clinical and Translational Research, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai; Peter R Paradiso Ph.D ’72, Vaccine Consultant, Paradiso Biologics Consulting (recently retired from Pfizer as VP of Vaccines New Business and Scientific Affairs)
The Internship Fellowship Funding program began in 1997 with a generous donation from Vivien Gardner Hannon ’43 and has grown through additional support and endowment gifts. Funds—from a variety of donors—support undergraduate students who have secured career-development opportunities, typically unpaid or underpaid internships, for the upcoming summer. The funding assists to offset expenses (cost-of-living, travel and transportation) incurred during these internships. Internship Fellowships have helped hundreds of St. Lawrence students engage in purposeful experiential learning during the summer months.
- Additional Research and Experiential Learning Opportunities